Wednesday 9 October 2013

How long does it take to unravel a piece of string?

My job as an intern involves a certain amount of menial tasks, some more bizarre than others. This week I have completed an online food hygiene course, sorted out the pathfinders cupboard in the church hall kitchen (where I found 4 open jars of chocolate spread and about 10 jars of hot chocolate!) and spent 3 hours untangling a ball of string.

Luckily not everything is quite so boring. I have also had fun this week playing team challenges at older pathfinders (unfortunately my team came second although it was very close and I remain unbeaten at the strawberry lace race.) I also enjoyed leading a prayer session at CYFA on sunday.

This week has also been very tiring. So many new things and evenings out are starting to take their toll on me. (I did accidentally fall asleep during our office quiet time on tuesday.) One of the new things I have done this week is my first day of Uni Olly came with us and we had a commissioning service with the other interns.

Overall it has been a great week but I am quite ready now for a lie in! 

2 comments:

  1. I am reading your blog now and don't be sure I wont comment on almost EVERYTHING you post ;) and honestly Beth... falling asleep in the office, tut tut tut ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't fall asleep, you were resting in God's presence. I feel the menial tasks are going to continue this week... We've got the big Pathfinders cupboard to sort, remember?! ;)

    ReplyDelete