Tuesday 7 January 2014

Happy New Year!

I am a big fan of new years resolutions and as always have a list for myself this year. Some of them are little things for instance this year I am going to learn how to solve a rubik's cube! I am also planning on reading 100 books (last year I challenged myself to 50 but read 68).

I also like to use this as a time to reflect on my relationship with God. One resolution I have every year is to read my Bible and pray everyday. I don't think I have ever succeeded in doing this however the challenge certainly makes me pick up my Bible more often than I otherwise might. 

Another challenge I have set myself this year is to write down one thing everyday that I am thankful to God for. I am very good at bringing lists to God of all the things I want him to change - thankfulness on the other hand is something I have always struggled with. I realise I am incredibly lucky and take this for granted and when I read the Bible I am struck by the prayers which seem to praise God more than they ask for things. 

I love lists. I love being able to tick boxes and often this helps me to focus on what is important however being a christian is not a list of things I need to do but a relationship, so my prayer this new year is that God would help me to complete my New Years Resolutions; but more importantly that he would draw me into a closer relationship with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment